We are in need of some Android developers – Can you help us? We are a fast moving, dynamic software development and digital marketing firm based in London. We design, develop and promote market leading software solutions across all platforms and devices, specialising in mobile apps and web development. We are currently looking for an exceptionally talented and enthusiastic Software Engineer (Android) who has a passion for technology to join our thriving team in London.
-To participate in the planning process and provide estimations of size and effort of workload so that work maybe planned and prioritized accurately.
-Provide feedback to the team on proposed features/changes using non-technical language.
-Bring new technical innovations to the table.
-To embrace processand be a key contributor to improving the processes and standards of the software engineering team.
-Support the marketing plan, and broader sales strategy.
- Expertise in systems-level programming: storage and file systems, networking, and transaction-processing.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Strong software development experience/knowledge withMySQL, C++, OHP and PHP in a web or e-commerce environment.
- Outstanding coding expertise inJava and Android SDK.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of design patterns (GoF, PoEAA, EAIP) and SOLID Principles.
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies (XP/SCRUM/Lean) and full software development life cycles.
- Experience with Subversion or Git for Source Control.
- Strong numerical skills, an aptitude for logic.
- Experience in location based services and bluetooth/Bluetooth low energy highly valued
- Fluent in English language and writing.
- Strong business communication skills.
- Able to use analytical, logic and problem-solving skills.
- Educated to degree level with a discipline in computer science, maths or statistics – minimum 2:1 grade.
- Emotionally intelligent – self-aware, self-regulating and self-motivated.
To be considered for this rare opportunity to join our dynamic growing team please submit your cv with covering letter outlining details of your capability, experience,availability and salary expectations. If you are restricted by Visa or Work Permit requirements please state clearly on your application.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.
Apppli is an equal opportunities employer.